Architectural Services at Stephen Mason APS
The following is a description of the non-Planning services offered by Stephen Mason, If you have a particular issue not listed below, please contact Stephen Mason for advice.
Examples of Architectural Services
- Building Regulations compliance drawings and specifications
- Specification writing
- Tender drawings
- Detail drawings and schedules
- Site inspections and report memos
- Report writing on building defects and non-compliance issues
- Report writing for insurance claims for damaged buildings
- Liaising with insurance companies for damaged buildings
- Report to Local Authority on proposed Local Area Plan
- Report to Local Authority regards re-zoning of lands for new Development Plan
Fire Certificates & Disability Access Certificates
All new commercial, or public buildings, will require a Fire Safety Certificate and a Disability Access Certificate. All commercial, or public buildings, which have extensions or internal alterations, will require a Fire Safety Certificate and a Disability Access Certificate.
On larger projects a consultant will be required to carry out these applications.
We can organize this as required. We have a good working relationship with a reputable Fire Safety Consultant
We can prepare as part of any sale or transfer of land, or subdivision of a property, Land Registry Compliant legal maps with the proposed area highlighted, including area calculation, for your solicitor
We can prepare maps and comment on boundary disputes.
As per the current Building Control Regulations, the client is required to engage an Assigned Certifier to oversee and certify their construction project.
The Assigned Certifier is assigned by the Building Owner as required under the
Building Control Regulations. They undertake to inspect, and to co-ordinate the
inspection activities of others during construction, and to certify the building or workson completion.
We can advise on the appointment of the Assigned Certifier.
We will co-ordinate with the appointed Assigned Certifier, and issue the Planning Drawings to them